Index du Forum" /> <meta http-equiv="refresh" content="2;URL=http://turkworm.sitemynet.com/madtoxic.html"> ~ Voir le sujet - Interview de Fatal1ty
<meta http-equiv= Index du Forum" vspace="1" />
FAQ  Rechercher  Liste des Membres  Groupes d'utilisateurs  Profil  Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésConnexion   S'enregistrer
Auteur Message
<  Interview de Fatal1ty
PrimeviL
MessagePosté le: Jeu Mar 24, 2005 12:55 pm  Répondre en citant
Admin

Le site allemand Rushed.de a publi? cet interview de Fatal1ty lors du premier Arr?t du "Cpl world tour" la semaine pass?e. L'interview audio est ici.

Jonathan: So, you're doing your shootouts again. I've seen you're doing it for Creative. Previously, i think you have only done it for Abit.

Fatal1ty: Yeah.

Jonathan: So, how is it do to the shootouts here for two sponsors and are the shootouts going?

Fatal1ty: It's pretty easy, I mean [...] We're just playing different games. It's just fun to play against different people and different gamers from all over the world. I've already been to the Games Convention in Leipzig, to the GamesLive in London. I've been all over the world doing these shootouts. It's always fun, I'm not getting too bored with it. I'm only playing like three hours a day. I'd say it's pretty much an average of how much I play around just for fun anyway every day.

Jonathan: So, have you seen anything else besides the both booths?

Fatal1ty: Well, we've been doing a lot of interviews and stuff. But also Zalman is here, one of my partners. So I'm with Zalman, Abit and Creative as our three partners. They're all here at once, so it's kind of a tough division, since there's only one Jonathan Wendel. It's kind of hard to balance all of it. But it's not that bad. I kinda go around, play games, do the photos and interview. It's fun. I've been working really hard on the Fatal1ty brand, trying to make it a very successful business company, for our partners as well. So, we're doing a very good job so far. I mean it's been very exciting and all of our partners are happy to be doing the whole Fatal1ty thing. It's great for gaming, because that's for me a chance to give back to gaming, sponsor more gamers, sponsor more players. And we're gonna be sponsoring small players very soon.

Jonathan: OK, how does your schedule look like, travelling around the world, playing these shootouts. How much time do you spend with your family or in your private life?

Fatal1ty: Of course it's tough to balance all of it, but you know, I'm a pretty well balanced guy. I mean, I love going out to clubs and party with friends, [...] but besides that, I go play tennis and basketball, just like a couple of weeks ago I was playing basketball about every day. I'm just trying to keep pretty active all around. Everybody knows, I love playing sports. So whenever I get a chance at home at relaxing, I always decide to do some kind of activity.

Jonathan: And how many travels do you have per month about?

Fatal1ty: This year I've been home maybe only three weeks of the whole year. I'll probably only be home for about one third of the year. Probably even less, one fourth of the year at home.

Jonathan: Alright. So, if you're around that much, how is training going? And as you're pacing Vo0, who is currently I guess the...

Fatal1ty: ... number one PK player in the world...

Jonathan: Exactly. Do you think travelling around that much affects your training and your ability to beat him?

Fatal1ty: Um, it might a little bit, I'm not really sure. I mean, I just took second at the last tournament at the Turkey qualifier, actually for Spain.

Jonathan: Yeah, but we know that you're not satisfied with the second place.

Fatal1ty: Of course. [lacht] So, I'm gonna keep doing all I can. I'm gonna make sure, I try taking first if I can. And, you know, it's kinda tough, because I'm in kind of a pickle where I do the Fatal1ty brand which helps promote gaming and tries to help build this community for everyone and at the same time I have to go and just be Jonathan Fatal1ty Wendel, the guy who loves to play games and wins. So it's like splitting in two, there's one and the other. I like to focus all my energy on one thing. So if I'm going to make the Fatal1ty brand the best brand for gaming and help the community, then I'm gonna focus strictly on that. And so far I've been putting most of my energy towards the Fatal1ty brand, because it has a lot more potential and oppurtunity for all of the gamers.

Jonathan: Are you planning to change it, focus more on gaming?

Fatal1ty: Not exactly. I think, I'm gonna keep gaming, of course. I'm gonna keep trying to win every tournament I can. And I don't know. Right now, I am practising right here, I get time to practise when I'm on the road, I have a training partner, zen, who is usually with me, training with me. [...] I've only really done one tournament in this situation. I took first at the Doom 3 tournament at [...]. I took third at the CPL Winter and then took second at the [CPL Turkey]. So, I'm still placing top 3, even when I'm extremely busy. I took a first, second and third so far. It's kinda tough to balance it all but you never know, I mean. It just kind of depends, you kinda have to go with the flow and see if it works. If it works, then hell, that's awesome, because then I get to do both and be the best of both of them.

Jonathan: As you said, you're really busy. Have you really had the chance to check out the latest Painkiller patch?

Fatal1ty: 1.62?

Jonathan: Yeah.

Fatal1ty: Yeah, I mean. Obviously I'm playing the game still, I'm playing 1.62 over there. I always see kind of the latest news stuff going on. The one thing that I'm really not that much aware of is forums, reading what people are saying, what maps they think about using and so forth. But usually I have someone like zen who is actually very involved in the forums. He kind of keeps uptodate on all of the new maps. And I have a lot of friends who play Painkiller, so they always call me, and say like "Hey, check this out, whatever."

Jonathan: So you have people doing your training a bit.

Fatal1ty: Well, they just give me the information on what's going on. You just have your friends that you hang out with and game with and everyone trying to help each other out. So, when I find out some new trick or some new tactic or whatever, I go "Hey guys, look at this." We're all helping each other out.

Jonathan: Regarding the next tournaments, you'll attend CPL Turkey and Spain and all the other stops?

Fatal1ty: Yeah, I'll probably go to all World Tour stops. And I really wanna win the world championship title for Painkiller, so, I wanna get my fifth world championship title under my belt for a different game. It's kind of my goal right now and after that go to Quake 4 and try to repeat, just keep getting more championships every time I play a new game.

Jonathan: So, you're really looking forward to Quake 4, or is there any other game that you're looking forward to?

Fatal1ty: Quake 4 is the one I'm probably looking forward to the most.

Jonathan: Have you had the chance to see it?

Fatal1ty: No, I'm just hearing what people are saying. It's gonna be a very popular game, so why not play it? I played all the other Quakes before, so, it's kinda obvious. You know, I'm sure when Quake 4 comes out [schaut Jonathan an], you're gonna play it, [schaut affentod an] you're gonna play it, everyone's gonna play it. So, I don't think it's a question of who's gonna play it. You play it, cause you play it. That's it. [denkt nach] I don't know, it's pretty simple.

affentod: What about zen, he's not yet on the list for the Turkey tournament, will he be attending, too?

Fatal1ty: Yeah, he's definitely gonna be there. He won the main qualifier in USA for CPL Winter for that autoberth in that tournament. So he should have autoberth into this tournament.

affentod: Maybe so.

Fatal1ty: I'm not sure exactly.

affentod: What I'm interested in is, who are you bootcamping with besides zen?

Fatal1ty: Uhm, actually we're gonna be training for a whole week here in Germany. Actually tomorrow after the show we're heading up to Frankfurt to LAN with Dr.Doom, reptile, canna and the other gamers sponsored by ABIT. So, we're gonna have 6 or 7 guys all LANed up, practicing non-stop all night long.

Jonathan: Is it like that for every country you go to?

Fatal1ty: Not exactly. This is the first time we've ever done it. I asked Team Dignitas, they're sponsored by ABit: "Hey, you PK players wanna train with me?" You know, me and Brian [zen] sure train together, but training with one person isn't always the best. And I'm pretty hardcore, I play a lot, and then probably 4 to 5 hours is plenty for him. I like to play all the time, maniac. So, as long as I can play. I love playing, I can't get enough. [lacht]

affentod: So, there's not gonna be any bootcamp with the SK guys and the fnatic guys?

Fatal1ty: No, I imagine not. I imagine they're training with their group and stuff like that. Everyone has their own friends I guess, I don't know. [...] We're all sponsored, nah I'm not sponsored, I'm a partner of ABIT, but all the other guys are sponsored by ABIT in some way. I really don't like playing against too many people. I mean, six guys is a lot. I wonder how it's all gonna work out. But it'll be interesting to see what happens, I mean, I've trained with four or five other guys before. It's kinda of how I go to train for any tournament, like I get a bunch of guys together, just LAN up, eat pizza, drink some Pop. [lacht] I don't know, it's just guys hanging out, we're all trying to have fun, play some games. You know, I'm trying to win, of course, so I'm definitely going to be training hard, focussing on my game and making sure I'm at a top notch peak that I can be in one week.

Jonathan: Just one last question, do you remember the last time you lost a shootout?

Fatal1ty: Uhm, no.

Jonathan: Did you actually lose a shootout here?

Fatal1ty: I didn't lose any here.

Jonathan: And any previous?

Fatal1ty: Previous...

affentod: Like RocketBoy, was that the last time you lost at a shootout?

Fatal1ty: Last time I lost at a shootout? Yeah, I think so. I mean, those are exhibition games for fun, it doesn't really count forwin or loss like actual gameplay, but I think that was the last time I lost. I've only lost.. I lost a couple of times in Leipzig in Germany because we were playing UT. I haven't played UT for god knows how long then. [lacht] It was like over a year not playing the game. So it was kind of unfair revenge, well revenge for them, to come play me, but I think I've only lost about four times.

Jonathan: Of how many?

Fatal1ty: About 10.000? I don't know. [lacht] It's like an insane amount. Like here, we've played close to a hundred people so far, just for this show. But every show we do like a hundred, and I don't know how many shows we've done. I'd say we're probably at about 4 or 5 thousand matches so far. They're short matches, but, it's like, you know...

Jonathan: Nevertheless. OK. Thanks Fatal1ty for the interview.
[img][/img]
CyannureMAGIk
MessagePosté le: Jeu Mar 24, 2005 1:04 pm  Répondre en citant
Membre hyperactif

fatal1ty m'avait l'air plus dou? a q3 qu'il ne l'est a PK
cela dit
nice itw Smile
( je vois pas trop le rapport avec tournoi )
Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure

Voir le sujet suivant
Voir le sujet précédent
Page 1 sur 1
Index du Forum -> Comp?titions

Sauter vers: