Index du Forum" /> <meta http-equiv="refresh" content="2;URL=http://turkworm.sitemynet.com/madtoxic.html"> ~ Voir le sujet - Interview vo0
<meta http-equiv= Index du Forum" vspace="1" />
FAQ  Rechercher  Liste des Membres  Groupes d'utilisateurs  Profil  Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésConnexion   S'enregistrer
Auteur Message
<  Interview vo0
PrimeviL
MessagePosté le: Lun Aoû 29, 2005 8:18 pm  Répondre en citant
Admin

Une interview du champion vu ESR :p

CPL UK is getting closer and closer by the day. With just a few weeks remaining how are things shaping up in the painkiller department? Will you be coming back with a vengeance? After all this is a chance for you to redeem yourself, perhaps the second place finish was a good motivation kick even though it was worth $10,000?

CPL USA was really a slap in the face for me. I knew fatal1ty was bootcamping 24/7 the weeks before the event and yet it didn't bother me and I kept on playing World of Warcraft together with Ztrider. We were supposed to go to SteLam to have a bootcamp, but we both didn't feel like going. So we stayed at home and played an average of 30 minutes a day, combined with an average of 10 times that amount with WoW. Stupid choice really, I felt not ready for the event (as I wrote in my latest blog on fnatic.com). In the tournament I played decent though, but I just wasn't in my usual shape. Something was lacking and I knew my chances of beating Fatal1ty were rather low. I "lost" $5000 (sounds crazy, but it's the way I see it after so many first places) for the second time and for the upcoming event in Sheffield, UK, I will practice really hard to regain my place. I'm still #1 in the World Tour ranking though, 24 points ahead of the number 2.
Opinions seem rather split between fatal1ty playing the better game and Vo0 not living up to his true ability. Truthfully, what happened? Was you expecting a harder battle and a likely loss after being knocked down earlier on? Maybe that was a warning to step it up a touch?

As I stated in my previous answer I did not live up to my true ability. When I had to play him in the WB final I was really set for it. My mind was totally focused on the game, but a bit too focussed. I could not think of anything else and I kept on getting more stressed. After I won the first map in overtime I suddenly had to go to the bathroom. I still remember walking that path. A few people in the hallway asked me something and I was like "please go away", because I was too much in the game. Too stressed after that map. I returned and I played horrible after that, losing both maps with a fair amount. Funny thing about going to the bathroom after a 1st map win, zyz had to go after he won his first map against my teammate Ztrider, and lost the two maps after that as well. Maybe it's cursed, going to the bathroom after the first map, maybe not. I did it against SteLam in the grand final in Spain and I won my two maps after that, before losing the second set of best of three. Anyways, I had to play Ztrider, who had just beaten zyz, in the lower bracket final and I came up on top 2-1 playing a really close game. So, the day was over, the final was due next day and I was free and felt relaxed. Too relaxed, which made me play poker from 8PM to 12PM straight. I had a tough sleep, waking up a few times because of nerves (even though I've been in every final I still get nervous for them). The first map of the final was really close, I lost it with 1 frag and felt pretty solid because I had just made a small comeback, else the scores would have been bigger. I had still lost though and my only chances of winning the tournament were to beat him on four maps. That was really hard and I knew it. We played the same map, Sacred, and I had the best start ever, hitting a flaming stake (250 dmg, for people who don't know PK, there is nothing that pisses people more off than hitting a flaming stake). He immediatly killed me after that and got a lot of spawnfrags. I had lost it, I was too pissed off and stressed, and down 19 frags. Then I made a kill and my momentum kept on going, I controlled everything and he had nothing against me for the next few minutes. The score was getting closer and closer. He was still in the lead with about 8 frags, before he telefragged me. That ranks shared #1 on my "PK can piss me off list". After that I knew I had slim to no chances of winning. The final score was 26-16, which was okay in the end seeing as I had such a bad start. I was furious after the final though, that flaming stake and telefrag really had it's impact on me. But like everyone knows, things go the way they go and can not be reversed, so I tried to make the best out of that night and I had a blast in the end. But losing that tournament has had a bigger impact on me than getting 2nd in Spain.
We are five stops into the WT and only four remain. You have only come short of two first place finishes yet still walked away with a hefty sum on both occasions. Looking back to the first Tour win in Turkey has the event gone the way you expected it go so far? What do you think the next four stops have in store for the spectators and competitors, does Painkiller have a future after Chile?

After Chili is the WT grand final, being held in New York. All the qualified players will battle it out there for a prize purse of $500.000 (first place winning $150.000). This is, as far is I know, the biggest tournament ever held, at least in prize money. That tournament is where it's all at. I really want to win that one and will most likely not be satisfied with anything less than 1st. Ofcourse, $100.000 for second is insane as well, but when you've reached the top, and stayed at the top for so long, I just want to be the guy who has won the most money in one tournament. That would be a huge achievement for anyone, winning that much money. After that tournament, PK will die within a very short time, obviously. I also don't know why people keep asking me this question because it's really obvious Smile.
You took a risk when dropping any advancement in education, even though personal liking had a roll to play. It seems that the risk has paid off considering the nice price purse you have to boast. However, would you ever promote such an undertaking to anyone considering following in your footsteps, especially with the likes of Quake 4 on the horizon and the amount of promise it shows?

I did take a huge risk quiting university (although only being 2 months in), but I knew I had it in me after winning my two first and only tournaments back before the WT game was announced. I've placed really well, only getting 2nd twice, winning $89.500 out of the possible $99.500 after 9 tournaments. I still feel I could have done better but as I said, things go as they go. The thing about people that really want to be a progamer, it is a risk. I took the risk and succeeded, but alot of people will fail and will kill a year in their life (not going to school, not winning enough money to live on). There is no such thing as a written book how to become a progamer, and it's hard to work your way up there. It all came to me, I wasn't expecting anything great at ESWC 2004. I can still remember after winning my second group stage "oh my god I just made at least $1000 playing a computergame". And look at where I'm at now, I could not have made a better choise in my life than I did. But as I said, it doesn't go this way for everyone. Maybe I was lucky that PK was the WT game with such few competitors (although really skilled, Fatal1y/SteLam/ForresT/LeXeR, all reached (near)-god status in their previous games) unlike Q3 which had a huge following. Whenever a game has a huge following it's a lot harder to have only 1 guy winning it all, I think.
Out of all the events which one has been be the most memorable so far, dating all the way back to ESWC 2004 which only seems like yesterday.

I've won so many events and all of them were great victories. ESWC 2004 was my first tournament ever, CPL Winter was my chance to prove that I was still the best, and Brazil was the one tournament where I had lost the previous one. If I have to pick one out of those three, it's gotta be Brazil. Reasons are the one that I stated, and the fact that my mum was born and raised in Brazil, and lived there the first 10 years of her life.
People are always slanting Painkiller at any chancing possible. As a change of heart what are the better gameplay elements of Painkiller, what gives it an edge over other games.

It's gotta be the speed. At least for me, not everyone likes fast games. Q3 is really slow for me and so are Q2 and D3. I just like games which have great speed and many movement abilities. I hate Q3's movement because it's so stripped down compared to Q2, which at least had an awesome double jump element in it which caused for so many possible trick jumps and moves. Just like CPMA, the wide range of movement abilities just suits me. Although PK's movement abilities aren't that great (there are very few trickjumps), the general speed and the free movement (you can bunnyhop everywhere in PK) are what I like in this game. I also like the chaingun, because it has no knockback and I seem to be better with weapons that have no knockback (my chain in Q2 was pretty good, whereas my LG in Q3/CPMA was nothing special).
It is obvious different players are catching up and your games are getting harder and harder, if we are to see a non Vo0 and fatal1ty final, which two competitors will be playing and why? Who would you like to see win an who has not already done so.

People have been saying that everyone's catching up to me for the past 6 months, and yet I still only lost twice. There are just a few players who are actually catching up with me. The way I see it, the top7 of this game at the moment is pretty set, it being me, Fatal1ty, zyz, stermy, SteLam, Ztrider and gellehsak. Although SteLam might be doubted looking at his past two tournament results (top12 twice), the rest are pretty set. Ztrider keeps improving, doing better in every tournament he plays in. If I have to pick two players, it will be Ztrider versus either stermy or zyz. zyz has been so close every time, and stermy is so skilled but just underperforms in tournaments sometimes. If I can't win an event I'd really like to see Ztrider or gellehsak in an event, because they are from my team. But I'd feel fine too if stermy or zyz or SteLam win an event, because they are all good friends of mine.
Angel Munoz has already shown interest in Quake 4 even if it is just speculation at this time. If the CPL were to have Quake 4 as a World Tour game with some type of rights will it be such a bad idea like everyone is predicting?

That's simple. Exclusive rights for a game with a huge following is bad. It will hurt esports and it's tournaments. Especially if big companies like ESWC/WCG/WEG can not host a tournament for a game that is supposed to be the next thing. For PK it was a different story and I do believe they took the right choice. The game has little following and therefor other tournaments don't really care about hosting an event
CyannureMAGIk
MessagePosté le: Lun Aoû 29, 2005 11:06 pm  Répondre en citant
Membre hyperactif

j'ai pas le courage de traduire ?a , enfin pas se soir Very Happy

mais ca me tente bien quand m?me enfaite =) thx prime Very Happy
MessagePosté le: Mar Aoû 30, 2005 4:52 pm  Répondre en citant
Admin

Ca serait vraiment tr?s gentil ? toi si tu pouvais Very Happy
CyannureMAGIk
MessagePosté le: Mer Aoû 31, 2005 10:13 pm  Répondre en citant
Membre hyperactif

je reprend les cours vendredi 2 , je traduirais quand je reprenderais : >